Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wedding Date

So very true :-P

Today, is day two of the 52 week challenge and the challenge was Argyle.  I think we all picture old men in golf socks or old socks when we hear Argyle.  But not me.  I think of the Wedding Date with Debra Messing and the ever so lovely Dermot Mulroney.  Everybody say yummmmmyyyy!  If you love a good and stupid romantic comedy check it out.  Anyway, there is a scene where Debra's character Kat is going to her sisters bachelorette shower and it is a golf themed shower at a local London Pub. So the girls dress in short skirts and Argyle socks.  I just happened to love her outfit and her socks!  Now for the life of me I can't find a good picture of those darn socks, but I found a much more enjoyable picture where you can see the tops of her socks :-)



As you can see the socks are a lovely pink and brown (if you can tear your eyes away from the boy)  I designed my Argyle nails in honor of those socks since they got to touch Dermot.  These are my favorite nails thus far.  I hope you like them.  BTW, no stamping 

Base is Sally Hansen Diamond Brillant Blush
Pink is Wet N Wild Tickled Pink
Brown is Spoiled Nirvana
Shiny Brown is Spoiled I'm Ba'Roque
and the White is Spoiled Correction Tape

I am proud that this is all free hand :)



On, one last note I discovered this Sally Hansen Diamond Brillant Blush which is the base for all my fingers but the ring finger.  I love it because it allows me to do french manicures where my nail bed looks almost nude.  It covers the yellow that has become my real nails.  Thank you Sally Hansen!







No comments:

Post a Comment