Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pop Up Video

Hello all! Hope everyone's labor day weekend was great.  I had a nice time with some neighbors at the pool drinking beer.  It was a good day! I ended up in bed by 8:30.  Jeez. The polish I have for you today is what I was wearing over the weekend.

As you know, my favorite indie polishes are made D & R Apothecary.  The lovely Rachel makes so many unique and inspired polishes but sometimes she can't think of a name.  She holds contests on her FB page to name some of these polishes.  Her husband and daughter chose the winner and that person wins the polish. She recently held a contest for two polishes, one of which was a multi-colored glitter polish that had colors reminiscent of the 80s.  I thought of the name Pop Up Video and I won!! I realize that the show Pop Up Video was on in the 90s, but many of the videos that they showcased were from the 80s.  Apparently this how has returned on VH1, but since I hate today's music I have no desire to watch it.   So, today I have a swatch of that polish for you! I just love it.  I didn't do anything special, just swatched it over a base coat of Misa Spaced Out.  I thought it made the colors of the glitter "pop" out.  hehe





If you haven't checked out D & R Apothecary you really need to.  They are closing the Bath and Beauty part of their shop and will only be doing nail polish.  The name of her polishes is Hit Polish.  Check it out.


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have been wanting to try some of the D & R polishes (especially the Halloween ones) and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying her polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great! I have a bunch more on my blog if you want to see some others. I get a lot of good inspiration from them! I have one of her autumn ones. Can't wait to try it out

      Delete